Table of Contents
FieldEdge allows your users to create part requests that can be posted to QuickBooks as purchase orders. Those inventory items need to be received against that purchase order for proper accounting and inventory management. The following article will walk you through receiving items from a purchase order when using QuickBooks Desktop.
Choose if you will be receiving inventory with or without a bill and follow the steps to receive inventory.
Receive inventory with a bill
1. From the Home page, select the Receive Inventory drop-down box and choose Receive Inventory with Bill.
2. On the Enter Bills window, choose the Vendor drop-down and select the appropriate Vendor name.
3. Now, select Yes to receive a purchase order for the bill.
4. Choose the associated Purchase Order and select Ok.
5. Verify the information on the bill. The fields from the purchase order will carry over to the bill.
6. When you're ready to pay the bill, proceed to Pay Bills.
Your bill should now be created and your items received. You can follow your workflow to pay the vendor bill or save the bill and return to it at a later time.
Receive inventory without a bill
1. From the Home screen, select the Receive Inventory drop-down box and choose Receive Inventory without a Bill.
2. On the Item Receipt window, choose the Vendor drop-down box and select the appropriate Vendor.
3. Select Yes to receive a purchase order.
4. Choose the appropriate Purchase Order and select Ok.
5. Verify the information on the Item Receipt. The information from the Purchase Order will be carried over.
6. When you're finished click Save & Close.
Your items will now be received and your GL accounts updated. You can follow your workflow to pay the vendor when you receive the bill for the inventory by proceeding to the Enter Bills module.