Table of Contents
Use the Master Equipment section to add the default information for specific equipment model numbers. This will allow users to search for this model number and add it to a customer's record. When that model number is added to a customer, the default information will automatically populate.
- Note: The default information can be edited when adding the equipment to the customer's record.
1. First, in the top right of FieldEdge, click Settings and then in the Equipment section, choose Master Equipment.
2. Now, click on an existing master equipment to edit, or click Add Master Equipment.
3. Next, configure the Manufacturer, Model, and Equipment Type.
4. Then, add any optional information such as a Picture, Warranty Length, Comments, or Links.
5. When you have finished configuring your Master Equipment, click Save to update FieldEdge with your changes.
Click the picture square to navigate to an image file on your local computer. This will be the default image that displays when this equipment is added to a customer's record.
Uncheck this box to make this master equipment inactive. While adding equipment to a customer, this specific model of equipment will no longer display when searched.
Use this drop-down to specify the manufacturer for this model number. This is a required field that will display when searching for this model number.
This is a required field that will display this equipments model number.
Use the drop-down box to select the type of equipment associated with this model number. This is a required field that will display when searching for this model number.
Enter the default parts warranty length in Years, Months, or Days associated with this model number.
Click this button if you would like to go to the previous screen without recording any of the changes you may have made on this screen.
Click this button to update FieldEdge with the changes you may have made on this screen.
Comments & Links
Enter comments that will display to your technicians in the field, when they add this model number to the customer's record. This can be used for recall information or office-specific notes about this model number.
Click the plus icon to enter a URL that can be shown to technicians in the field, when they add this model number to the customer's record. This could be links to help articles, videos, or exploded parts diagrams.