Table of Contents
Before you can use classes in FieldEdge, they'll need to be created in QuickBooks. This article will walk you through how to create classes in QuickBooks. These classes can be used to departmentalize your financial reports.
Use the steps below to learn how to create classes in the associated version of QuickBooks.
1. Open your company file.
2. Click Edit and choose Preferences.
3. Now, select Accounting, then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- Note: You will need to be in single-user mode to access this tab. Click here to learn how to switch to single-user mode.
4. Select the Use class tracking for transactions checkbox.
5. If you want a reminder when you haven't assigned a class, select the Prompt to assign classes checkbox.
- Note: This option will only impact transactions that are manually assigned in QuickBooks. This will not affect FieldEdge.
6. Select OK.
7. Now, from the Lists menu, select Class List.
8. From the Class drop-down menu, choose New.
9. Enter the Class Name.
10. If this is a subclass, select the Subclass of checkbox and find the class it's under.
11. Select OK to save and add this class to QuickBooks.
Your class should now be visible in the Class List and will sync to FieldEdge automatically when the QuickBooks Connector is resumed. Repeat steps 7-11 for any additional classes you may need to create.
1. Click the Gear icon in the upper-right hand corner.
2. Then, select Account and Settings.
3. Choose the Advanced tab.
4. Now, click the Edit/Pencil icon in the Categories section.
5. Check the boxes for Track classes and Warn me when a transaction isn't assigned a class.
- Note: Notifications of transactions without a class will only appear when manually adding transactions in QuickBooks. This will not affect FieldEdge.
6. Choose whether you want One to each row in transaction or One to entire transaction.
- Note: This option will only impact manually added transactions in QuickBooks.
7. Click Save and then choose Done.
8. Next, Click the Gear icon and choose All Lists.
9. Now, select Classes and click New.
10. Add the Name of the class and click Save.
Your class should now be visible in the class list and will sync to FieldEdge automatically. Repeat steps 8-10 for any additional classes you may need to create.