Long-running jobs often begin with a large quote, with work planned across multiple phases and billed at specific milestones in percentage installments.
Progressive Billing with Jobs, includes the ability to:
- Track quoted items across an entire job
- Add one or more items from a single quote across multiple invoices
- Track invoiced revenue against actual and estimated costs
- Create invoices based on the percentage of quoted income remaining to be billed for the job
Progressive Billing begins with an accepted Quote and Job. The majority of the setup for a progressive bill is similar to a Job. To learn more about Jobs, click here.
1. First, in FieldEdge, click on Quotes.
2. Search for and select a Quote in the Accepted status.
3. Select Create Job from the quote screen.
4. Select Progressive from the Billing Type drop down field.
5. After you've finished filling out the remaining Add Job fields, select Save.
Work Orders in a Progressive Billing scenario are similar to a standard Work Order. To learn how to create a Work Order not associated to Progressive Billing, click here.
1. First, in FieldeEdge, click on Jobs.
2. Next, search for and select the Job from which the Work Order will be created.
3. From the Job screen, select Work Orders and click Add.
4. Continue by filling out the Work Order and then select Create Work Order. To learn more about creating a Work Order, click here.
5. From the Work Order screen, click on the Invoice tab and select Add from Job Quote.
6. On the Add Items From Quote screen, select the Open Items you wish to add to the Work Order.
Note: Any items added to the Work Order, from the Add Items From Quote screen, will appear on the Invoice tab of the Work Order. Items will also not have a Rate or Amount, but will have their associated costs.
7. When finished with creating your Work Order, click Save.
The Invoice invoice portion of the Progressive Bill, allows you to select a percentage, flat amount, or remaining amount of your job.
1. First, in FieldEdge, click on Jobs.
2. Next, search for and select the Job from which the Invoice will be created.
3. From the Job screen, select Invoices and click Add.
4. On the create invoice screen, determine the way you wish to bill.
Create invoice for percentage of Total Quoted Job Amount: selecting this radial button will allow you to designate a specific percentage of the job to bill, or a specific flat amount of the job to bill.
Create invoice for remaining balance of Job amount: Selecting this radial button will automatically assign an amount equal to whatever is left for the job.
5. Next, select an Invoice Item. This item will represent the amount of the progressive bill, on the invoice. This may be an item representing "Phase 1" or "Phase 2" of your progressive billing cycle.
6. When finished, click on Create Invoice.
Optional: If the description of your Invoice Item is too generic, take a moment to modify the Description field so that your customers have a better idea of this particular phase of the project.
8. When you've finished up any last details to the Invoice, click Create.
If the items or a particular change to your progressive bill need to take place, then creating a "change order" is the correct way to proceed.
1. First, in FieldEdge, select Jobs.
2. Next, search for and select the Job from which we'll create the change order.
3. From the Job menu, select Quotes and click on Add Quote.
4. Fill out the Quote, including the items you wish to add.
5. When finished, click Create.
6. Next, select the Quote tab and change the Status to Accepted and then click Save.
At this point, the rest of the Progressive Billing scenario is as normal. Refer to Creating Work Orders for a Progressively Billed Job and Creating Invoices for a Progressively Billed Job to continue with the Progressive Billing process.