FieldEdge Payment Processing allows a FieldEdge user to capture payments directly into FieldEdge. One of these methods of capture includes the ability to swipe a Credit Card, avoiding the need to manually enter important financial information.
Before we can start capturing these payments, users must first have a compatible card reader.
How can I obtain a card reader?
Currently, FieldEdge Payments supports the ID Tech Shuttle II and the ID Tech SREDKey products.
FieldEdge does not provide this hardware. Card readers must be purchased directly through Clearent. To purchase a compatible card reader, contact Clearent sales or support.
- FieldEdge does not provide this hardware and it must be purchased directly through Clearent. Card readers obtained by other third-party vendors will not work in FieldEdge.
- Clearent Sales and Hardware Questions:
- 866.435.0666 Ext. 604
Card readers and their adapters should be plug and play, and therefore should not present any issue. However, should these devices not work right away, we encourage you to reach out to FieldEdge support. When troubleshooting, please make sure the following information is available.
- Manufacturer of Device (ex: Samsung, Apple, HTC)
- Model (ex: iPhone 8, Pixel 2)
- Carrier (ex: Sprint, Verizon, AT&T)
- OS Version: (ex: iOS 12.0)
What can I do if my device does not have an audio jack for a card reader?
Apple devices already have a short lightning to headphone jack adapter that comes bundled with the device. This solution should work well and should fit through most cases, including larger options such as OtterBox or LifeProof case.
- If you no longer have this adapter, you must obtain a new adapter through Apple directly, as third-party adapters may not work reliably and consistently.
Android devices require a three-ring adapter, not a two-ring adapter. The difference between these adapters is that three-ring options allow for the transmission of data. The following link may provide some guidance on available options for purchase.