Table of Contents
Pricing Rules will impact how FieldEdge will calculate labor and material charges for your flat rate repairs. This only impacts flat rate items. You should speak with the FieldEdge team to assist with your initial setup of flat rate pricing.
1. First, in the top right of Fieldedge, click Settings and then in the Inventory section choose Pricing Rules.
2. From the Pricing Rules screen, navigate through the different fields, configuring your settings.
3. Finally, once you are ready to save the changes to Pricing Rules, click Update.
Use the following fields to configure your default agreement discount and diagnostic fees.
Enter a percentage to set the standard material discount to be given to an agreement customer when purchasing a flat rate repair.
- Note: You will have the option of adjusting flat rate labor rates for agreement customers and you may also have different agreement plans that have separate pricing rules, including different agreement discounts.
This dropdown will let you choose a previously created item that will be added to the total price of the flat rate repair when added to the invoice. This is usually for a diagnostic or service fee or even a trip charge.
- Note: This item will be added to every flat rate repair, even if you have multiple on the same invoice. If you do not want to charge a diagnostic fee with each flat rate repair, it's recommended to leave this blank and add the single diagnostic item manually.
This section will determine what items will be used for cost tracking when invoices are finalized and posted to QuickBooks.
Flat Rate Material Item
This is a required field to utilize flat rate pricing within FieldEdge. The item chosen here will be sent to QuickBooks when an invoice with a flat rate repair is finalized. This item will show the flat rate material income and cost, and will also be used for proper reporting in QuickBooks.
Flat Rate Labor Item
This is a required field to utilize flat rate pricing within FieldEdge. The item chosen here will be sent to QuickBooks when an invoice with a flat rate repair is finalized. This item will show the flat rate labor income and will be used for proper reporting in QuickBooks.
Flat Rate Settings
Use these fields to configure your default labor rates for calculating your flat rate pricing.
Regular Labor Rate
Enter a standard labor rate to be applied, per hour, to your flat rate repairs. For example, if you set the regular labor rate to $130 and designate a flat rate repair to take 2 hours, the total labor price of that repair would be $260.
- Note: A flat rate repair can only have a single labor rate, which can be adjusted automatically for agreement customers or after hours work.
After Hours Labor Rate
Enter the labor rate to be used to calculate the labor price of a flat rate repair when the work order is scheduled within your after hours timeframe
Agreement Labor Rate
Enter a default standard labor rate to be used when calculating labor pricing of your flat rate repairs when the customer has an agreement.
- Note: This labor rate is the default setting for your agreement customers. However, you can have multiple agreement plans, allowing you to offer different discounts for your flat rate repairs, for your agreement customers.
After Hours Agreement Labor Rate
Enter the default after hours labor rate to be used to calculate the labor pricing of flat rate repairs, when the agreement customer has a work order scheduled within your after hours timeframe.
- Note: This labor rate is the default after hours setting for your agreement customers. However, you can have multiple agreement plans, allowing you to offer different discounts for your flat rate repairs, for your agreement customers.
Enter your Regular Hours Schedule in this section. This schedule will be used to determine when FieldEdge will begin applying your after hours labor rates.
Enter the beginning time, per day, of when your regular and agreement labor rates should be applied to your flat rate repairs.
Enter the end time, per day, of when your regular and agreement labor rates will no longer be applied to your flat rate repairs. Any repairs scheduled after your end time and before your start time will be considered an after hours flat rate repair. FieldEdge will apply your after hours labor rates to those after hours flat rate repairs.
Apply After Hours All Day
Check this box to apply your after hours labor rates for the entire day.
Click this button if you would like to go to the previous screen without recording any of the changes you may have made on this screen.
Click this button to update Fieldedge with the changes you have made on this screen.