Table of Contents
Class tracking is an incredibly informative way to monitor your financial reports. FieldEdge is able to associate classes with your sales and costs and sync those results with QuickBooks. This article will walk you through how to associate a class with your sales forms while tracking costs from part requests and expenses.
- Note: You will need to have classes created before you can associate them in FieldEdge. Click here to learn how to create classes.
Use the following instructions to verify or edit the class of either a sales transaction, a part request, or an expense.
The following steps will walk through how to add a class to either an invoice or a quote.
1. In FieldEdge open the Invoice/Quote that you want to verify or modify the Class.
2. Now, choose the Class drop-down and select the desired Class that will be associated with the sales information of this invoice/quote.
3. Next, click Save and choose Status Unchanged.
You should now see the desired task on the invoice/quote. This can be modified at any time in FieldEdge. However, you will not see this invoice/quote's transaction in your class reports until you have Finalized and Posted this work order to QuickBooks.
The following steps will walk through how to add a class to an existing part request in FieldEdge.
1. In FieldEdge open the Work Order that you want to verify or modify the Class on the Part Request.
2. On the Purchases tab of the Work Order, click the desired Part Request.
3. From the Part Request window, click the Class drop-down and choose the appropriate Class for this Part Request.
4. When finished click Save for Later.
- Note: You will not be able to modify a part request that has already been finalized and posted to QuickBooks. You will need to adjust the class manually in QuickBooks.
Your part request is now associated with the chosen class. You will be able to see the costs update in your class reports when this part request is posted to QuickBooks.
The following steps will walkthrough how to add a class to an existing expense in FieldEdge.
1. In FieldEdge open the Work Order that you want to verify or modify the Class on the Part Request
2. On the Purchases tab of the Work Order, click Expenses.
3. On the Expenses tab click the existing Expense you want to verify or modify.
4. Next, click the Class drop-down and choose the appropriate Class.
5. Finally, click Save.
- Note: You will not be able to modify an expense once it's been posted to QuickBooks. You will need to manually adjust the class in QuickBooks.
Your expense will be updated with the associated class. You will be able to see the costs update in class reports when this expense is posted to QuickBooks.