Table of Contents
- Taking a Payment from the Office
- Taking a Payment from the Field
- Using the Consumer Portal
FieldEdge is happy to bring online payments to our members based in Canada. The following article will go over steps on how to take payments from the field, the office, and how customers can make payments themselves, with our online consumer portal.
Taking a Payment from the Office
In this section, we'll go over the steps for taking payments in the office when using FieldEdge Payments.
- First, pull up the associated invoice or quote that you would like to make a payment for.
- Click on the Payments micro-dashboard.
- In the Method dropdown box, choose the payment method that is being used for this payment.
- Note: If you want this payment method to be saved, check the Save Payment for Later box.
- Next, click the Process Payment option to be navigated to the online payments portal.
- Fill out the required Card Number, Expiry Date, and CVV number then click Submit.
- You will be navigated back to FieldEdge. Make any additional notes or changes and click Save, then select to keep Status Unchanged or Finalize this invoice to your accounting system.
Taking a Payment from the Field
In this section, we'll go over how to make a payment with FieldEdge Payments when using the FieldEdge mobile application.
- Navigate to the work order that you will be making a payment.
- Verify the items and amount of the associated invoice or quote.
- On the payments screen, select the appropriate Payment Type.
- Next, click Enter Manually to be navigated to the online payments portal.
- Enter the required Card Number, Expiry Date, CVV number, and Postal/Zip Code.
- Verify the information is correct and click Pay Now.
- You'll be navigated back to the work order where you can continue to add any additional information and complete the work order.
Using the Consumer Portal
With FieldEdge Payments you'll have the option of allowing your customers to pay their invoices and quotes online, through our consumer portal. This section will go over the steps for setting up this option and how your customers can make these online payments.
Communication Template Setup
Before your customers can pay their invoices and quotes online, you'll need to make sure that the email they receive has the appropriate link. This is done by adding the appropriate insert code to the invoice, quote, and invoice/quote communication template. This section will go over how to add these insert codes to the appropriate communication templates.
- In FieldEdge click Settings and under the Company section choose Communication Templates.
- Note: You will need Admin or Manager permissions to view these settings.
- In the Template dropdown box choose Invoice, Invoice/Quote, or Quote Only.
- Note: You will need to add this insert code to the Invoice, Invoice/Quote, and Quote Only template. Repeat these steps for each template.
- From the Insert Codes section, drag the [web_invoice_link] box into the desired section of the Email Body.
- Note: For the Quote Only template you use the [web_quote_link] instead.
- Verify the messaging in the email body and click Save.
Repeat these steps for each communication template. If you have not used communication templates before click here to learn more about setting them up and how to use them.
Taking a Payment Through the Consumer Portal
Once you have your communication templates configured any emailed invoices or quotes will now provide your customer with a "View your Invoice" or "View your Quote" option. When the customer clicks that link they'll be directed to the consumer portal, where they can make a payment on the associated invoice or quote. This section will go over the steps a customer will take to make these payments.
- Once the customer clicks View your Invoice from their email they'll be navigated to the Consumer Portal.
- Start by reviewing the invoice or quote and verify the items and amount then click Continue.
- On the summary screen, choose to Pay Total Balance or Pay Other Amount then click Make a Payment.
- Note: You might have more options when clicking continue depending on the type of invoice or quote you receive. For example, a quote might have multiple options for you to verify and select.
- From the payment screen, enter the required Card Number, Expiry Date, and CVV number.
- Verify the information is correct and click Submit to authorize and make the payment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.