Table of Contents
With the introduction of the Empower Program, users can now automatically apply cash discounts when taking either cash or check payments in FieldEdge. This allows for a huge value proposition when speaking with your customers. This article will give you the information needed to use cash discounts when taking payments from the office.
Before you can begin offering a cash discount there are a couple of things that must be done prior. First, you'll need to make sure that the Empower Program has been enabled and set up properly within your FieldEdge database. You should have already spoken with a FieldEdge member to assist with this. You can also visit our Getting Started article for more information.
The next thing that you'll need to do is have a work order with an invoice that is ready to have a payment applied. It's important to note that the cash discount only applies to an invoice and will not affect a quote deposit. Once a quote has been accepted and converted into an invoice, the cash discount can then be applied.
- Note: If you're a FieldEdge Payments member you can skip these instructions as customers will be able to apply their payments through the consumer portal.
1. First, pull up the Work Order with the Invoice that you'd like to have a payment applied.
- Note: You'll notice new fields at the bottom of your Invoice that shows if a cash discount has already been taken, if a cash discount is available, and the total with a cash discount.
2. Next, click on the Payments micro-dashboard and select the appropriate payment Method of either Cash or Check.
3. Next, verify the Amount is correct, and enter any Reference information that is applicable.
- Note: You should notice the payment amount will automatically change to the proper amount with the discount applied.
4. Finally, click the Save button to apply the payment and update your FieldEdge database.
The payment should now be applied and you can verify the cash discount was successful by viewing the Cash Discount Taken field on the Invoice micro-dashboard. Repeat these steps for any additional payments you'd like to apply.
- Note: Cash discounts will not be shown or calculated on work orders and invoices created from a service agreement.
If you're a FieldEdge Payments member, your customers can pay their invoices using the Consumer Portal. This will allow them to see that a cash discount is available, and FieldEdge will automatically apply the cash discount when the customer makes a payment with a checking account. Click HERE if you need more information on FieldEdge Payments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.